In the Frame – Bhanu Athaiya
- Bhanu Athaiya was India’s first Oscar winner and renowned costume designer of the cinema world.
- 1982 In 1982, he was awarded the Oscar Award for the film ‘Gandhi’. The film was directed by the British director Richard Attenborough.
- In the year 1956, she started her career with the famous director Gurudutt’s super hit film CID.
- During her career of 50 decades, she worked as a costume designer in more than 100 films.
- She received 2 National Awards (Lagan 2001 & Lekin 1990).
- Recently Bhanu Athaiya died on 15 October.