1) Former Attorney General (AG), Padma awardee and one of the topmost lawyers in the country, Soli J Sorabjee passed away on Friday at the age of 91, due to COVID-19.
👉 Soli and his wife had tested COVID-19 positive, some days back. His wife is in the process of recovering from the disease. However, Soli, unfortunately, succumbed to the disease.
👉Article 76 deals with the office of the Attorney General of India.
👉First holder – M. C. Setalvad
2) The President of India in exercise of the powers conferred by Article 223 of the Constitution of India, appointed Shri Justice Rajesh Bindal, senior-most Judge of Calcutta High Court, to perform the duties of the office of the Chief Justice of that High Court.
👉The decision comes following the retirement of Justice Thottathil Bhaskaran Nair Radhakrishnan, Chief Justice, Calcutta High Court.
3) Pharma major Bharat Biotech had reduced the price of its COVID-19 vaccine candidate Covaxin to Rs 400 per dose to state governments from the earlier announced Rs 600.
4) Gilead Sciences Inc will give India at least 450,000 vials of its COVID-19 drug remdesivir and donate active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) to boost production.
5) Search giant Google was at the top spot in research firm YouGov’s 2021 Technology Rankings. The technology giant had the most positive impression among urban Indian consumers.
6) China’s ambitious space programme successfully launched the core module of its space station as part of its aim to complete the construction of the facility by the end of next year.
👉 The Long March-5B Y2 rocket, carrying the Tianhe module, blasted off from the Wenchang Spacecraft Launch Site on the coast of the southern island province of Hainan.
7) Market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) said that minimum of 20% of the salary of the key employees of asset management companies (AMCs) to be in Mutual Fund units.
👉The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is the regulatory body for securities and commodity market in India under the jurisdiction of Ministry of Finance , Government of India. It was established on 12 April 1988 and given Statutory Powers on 30 January 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992.
8) The RBI has imposed a penalty of ₹40 lakh on Himachal Pradesh State Cooperative Bank, Shimla, for non-compliance with certain regulatory directions issued by NABARD.
◾️Reserve Bank of India:-
👉Headquarters:- Mumbai, Maharashtra,
👉Established:- 1 April 1935, 1934 Act.
👉 First Governor – Sir Osborne Smith
👉 First Indian Governor – Chintaman Dwarkanath Deshmukh
👉Governor:- Shaktikanta Das
9) Apollo 11 astronaut Michael Collins, who piloted the ship from which Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin left to make their historic first steps on the moon in 1969, died.
10) Indian media services company Prime Focus Ltd that merged its VFX business with global visual effects provider DNEG (Double Negative) won the Academy Award for best visual effects for Christopher Nolan’s spy thriller Tenet earlier this week
11) On 1 May 1960, Bombay State was dissolved and split on linguistic lines into the two states of Gujarat, with Gujarati speaking population and Maharashtra, with Marathi speaking population.
Shani Shingnapur Temple
Shri Saibaba Sansthan Temple
👉 CM :- Vijay Ramniklal Rupani
👉Governor :- Acharya Devvrat
12) Defence Minister Rajnath Singh granted emergency financial powers to the armed forces that will allow formation commanders to make urgent procurement to set up health facilities for COVID-19 patients.
👉 Under these powers, vice chiefs of armed forces will be able to clear procurement proposals.