1) India and Bhutan inked an Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for developing cooperation between two countries in the area of environment.
➨the MoU will open new vistas of bilateral co-operation in the area of climate change, waste management etc.
2) World Refugee Day is observed on June 20 to respect and honour the courage and resilience of refugees across the globe.
➨The United Nations designated the day to celebrate the strength and courage of people forced to flee their homes and countries to escape conflict or persecution.
3) Global sports brand PUMA has extended partnership with former Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh.
➨Singh has been associated with the brand for over a decade. He will now be seen in a new avatar as the face of PUMA Motorsport in India, showcasing his passion for fast cars and sports-inspired fashion.
4) Jnanpith awardee and bestselling author Amitav Ghosh’s new book ‘ The Nutmeg’s Curse : Parables for a Planet in Crisis’ is all set to release in October this year.
5) The Odisha government has allowed the transgender community to apply for the posts of constables and sub-inspectors in the state police department.
▪️Odisha CM – Naveen Patnaik
➨ Governor – Ganeshi Lal
➨ Similipal Tiger Reserve
➨ Satkosia Tiger Reserve
➨ Bhitarkanika Mangroves
➨ Nalabana Bird Sanctuary
6) India maintained 43rd rank on an annual World Competitiveness Index compiled by the Institute for Management Development (IMD) that examined the impact of COVID-19 on economies around the world this year.
➨The 64-nation list was led by Switzerland, while Sweden has moved up to the second position (from sixth last year).
7) Four months after India and Pakistan decided to adhere to the ceasefire pact along the Line of Control (LoC), National Security Advisor Ajit Doval is likely to be in the same room as his Pakistan counterpart Moeed Yusuf in Dushanbe next week.
➨They will be participating in a meeting of NSAs of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) in the Tajikistan capital.
✸Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) :-
Official language: Chinese and Russian
Founded: 15 June 2001
Founders: China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan
Secretary General: Vladimir Norov
Headquarters: Beijing, China
8) India’s Mirabai Chanu, the 2017 world champion in weightlifting, has qualified for the Tokyo Olympic Games in women’s 49 kg category. The 26-year-old from Manipur has qualified on the basis of her world ranking points.
▪️International Weightlifting Federation :-
➨ It is headquartered in Budapest , Hungary.
➨ It is the international governing body for the sport of Olympic weightlifting.
9) Exceeding all expectations, D. Gukesh sensationally won the $15,000 Gelfand Challenge chess title and with it, a ‘wild card’ for the elite Meltwaters Champions Chess Tour.
➨Gukesh, 15, won all four rounds, including the key battle against Praggnanandhaa, and emerged on top after a series of favourable results from the games involving other title-contenders.
10) Department of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) secretary Dr Guruprasad Mohapatra died of Covid-19 related complications. He was 59.
➨A Gujarat cadre 1986-batch IAS officer, he was appointed to the DPIIT in August 2019.
11) International Yoga Day is observed every year on June 21, as mandated by the United Nations, to highlight the importance of the practice — defined as “physical, mental, and spiritual” at the same time — in helping people lead a healthier lifestyle.
➨2021 International Day of Yoga, is observed on Monday, June 21, carries the theme “Yoga for well-being”, much relevant for our times in a society still recovering from the impact of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) pandemic.
12) Amazon India announced the launch of an integrated learning programme for students to learn applied Machine Learning (ML) skills, making them industry ready for careers in the new technology.
CEO – Jeff Bezos
CEO-elect – Andy Jassy
Founder – Jeff Bezos
Founded – 5 July 1994
Headquarters – Seattle, Washington, United States
13) India Business Process Outsourcing Promotion Scheme (IBPS) launched by the Centre has facilitated expansion of several IT and BPO companies in tier-II and III cities across the country.
➨Under the IBPS Scheme, Andhra Pradesh is the highest in employment generation by creating 12,234 new jobs followed by Tamil Nadu at 9,401 while remaining was spread across Punjab, Odisha, Maharashtra, Jharkhand and Bihar.
▪️Tamil Nadu :-
➨ CM – M K Stalin
➨Governor – Banwarilal Purohit
➨Sathyamangalam tiger reserve (STR)
➨Kalakkad Mundanthurai tiger reserve (KMTR)
▪️Andhra Pradesh :-
➨CM – Jaganmohan Reddy
➨Governor – Biswabhusan Harichandan
➨ Venkateswara Temple
➨Sri Bhramramma Mallikarjuna Temple